Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Harper

This school year Harper has made a ton of progress. He couldn’t read or write at all in the beginning and now hes doing great in both. Hes still technically “below” what they want him to be at but that doesn’t mean anything to me. He brings home two different books every day for practice and usually breezes though them. He gets frustrated easily but once he gets whatever word hes hung up on he is very proud.  He was in a 6 week program during lunch to work on controlling his emotions and he loved it. He uses everything he learned and its helped us out at home. He can tell us what “zone” its in and will take a deep breath and say, “I feel ____ because ____” instead of just flyin off the wall whining and screaming. He removes himself from situations to go have alone time and calm down. Overall hes just doing amazing. Hes a fabulous artist as well!!

Harper likes: pokemon cards (even though he has no idea how to play), playing with his friends, money, his kindle, looking “cool”, dancing, music, showering by himself, cuddling, TREATS, root beer, gum, waffles, getting his waffles ready by his self, tape lol...

Two jokes hes told me recently:
Q: Why cant dinosaurs clap?
(Usually people answer their arms are to short)
A: No! Because theyre dead!

Q: What word has a million letters in it?
A: Post Office

I have to be at the bus stop with them because Bodhi is in 4K. The bus stop is just down the street and around the corner.
Bodhi doesn’t have school on Fridays, so usually I will just walk Harper to the corner and then let him run to the bus stop when he sees his friends. The last few weeks hes wanted me to let him walk alone...So I walk him the end of the driveway and then watch from there until he rounds the corner. He feels like such a big kid.
He turns around every 5/10 steps to wave at me. The other day he yelled, “I LOVE YOU MOM!” from the end of the street. It almost made me cry. I started thinking about how soon he probably wont do that. I mean he already wont give me kisses in front of his friends! Soon hell be too cool for all of that sweet little kid stuff and Im not ready L


Hes such a great, loving little dude <3 I am so proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment